Dr Lipalo Mokete
Dr Lipalo Mokete is the lead surgeon at the Institute. He qualified as an orthopaedic surgeon fourteen years ago. He remains active academically and he is an examiner in orthopaedics for the College of Medicine of South Africa. Dr Mokete is a fellowship trained and robotic surgery certified hip and knee replacement surgeon. He is experienced on both the MAKO and NAVIO robotics platforms. He has a wealth of experience in conventional primary and revision hip and knee replacements including treatment for infected replacements. He also offers anterior minimally invasive surgery (AMIS) for hip replacements in select patients.
Specialist Arthroplasty Surgeon/Lecturer FRCS, FCOrth(SA)
Dr Lipalo Mokete is a fellowship trained joint replacement surgeon specializing in all aspects of hip and knee reconstructive surgery.
He has a wealth of experience relating to first time joint replacement procedures, partial joint replacements and repeat surgery for failed and infected joint replacements.
He is one of the foremost experts on computer assisted joint replacement surgery in South Africa and he is experienced in patient specific knee replacement surgery and modern techniques in hip replacement surgery.
He is active in teaching and research and he has a special interest in new bearing technologies in joint replacements.
Qualifications & Papers
- 2004 FCOrth(SA)
- 2006 Fellowship - Lower limb reconstruction surgery - University of Western Ontario (Canada)
- 1999 FRCS (Eng)
- 1999 FRCS Ed
- 1994 MB ChB University of Cape Town
- Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon – Health Professions Council of South Africa - MP 0435317
- Member of South African Orthopaedic Association (No. 1087)
- Secretary of the South African Arthroplasty Society
- Robotic Assisted Joint Replacement
- Primary Hip Replacement
- Revision Hip Replacement
- Anterior Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement
Contact Dr Mokete
Specialist Arthroplasty Surgeon / Lecturer